- Degree in translation from the University of Heidelberg (1989) after studying in Heidelberg and Paris
- Four years’ experience as a salaried translator with an American healthcare company (diagnostics division)
- More than 20 years of experience as a freelance medical translator
- Certified Medical Writer (University of Applied Sciences, Bremen, Germany)
- Many years of cooperation with medical doctors specialized in various fields
- Extensive personal medical library
- Extensive personal medical terminology database
- Sworn translator
- Member of the German Association of Interpreters and Translators (BDÜ e.V.)
- Involvement in medical translation continuing education programmes both as a participant and as a lecturer
A selection of major focuses:
- In vitro diagnostics.
- Medical imaging.
- Diabetology, neurology, haemostaseology, allergology.
- Clinical research.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing procedures.
- Veterinary medicine.
I am constantly handling new topics on account of the various clients of the international agencies I occasionally work with.
Selected training sessions:
- German to English medical translation: Regulatory aspects. Training session organised by the Faculty of Applied Linguistics, Cultural Studies and Translation at the University of Mainz (Germersheim)
- Translator training session organised by the BDÜ and Karl Storz GmbH & Co. KG on the subject of endoscopy; instructor of the translation workshop on sialendoscopy (Italian to German), Tuttlingen
- “Terminology processes and terminology tools” symposium organised by the Deutscher Terminologie-Tag e.V., Heidelberg
- “Web-based terminology system” and “Terminology extraction“ tutorials as part of the Deutscher Terminologie-Tag e.V. symposium, Mannheim
- BDÜ training session: Medical devices – orthopaedic surgery: instruments, implants and their application, Speyer
- BDÜ training session: Living medical technology: Cardiology, Speyer
- “Terminology and culture” symposium organised by the Deutscher Terminologie-Tag e.V., Mannheim
- Webinar: introduction to journalistic writing: press Releases
- BDÜ training session: Medical statistics; Speyer